This blog post will get you started with Qt 3D Studio remote deployment to Qt 3D Viewer on Android devices. This feature enables making changes to your Qt 3D Studio presentation on your computer and seeing the changes live on the target device.
Qt 3D Studio Editor & Viewer with the remote connection feature
Setting Up the Target Device
To set up the target device for remote deployment, follow the steps below.
- Download Qt 3D Viewer from Google Play and install it on the target device.
- Run the Viewer.
- From the file menu, select File > Connect.
- Enter desired port or use default port, press OK.
- Connection information, IP address and port, will be displayed in the Viewer.
Connecting to the Target Device
To connect to the target device from Qt 3D Studio, follow the steps below.
- From the file menu, select File > Connect to Device.
- Enter the connection information displaying in the Viewer on the target device, then press OK.
- You are now connected. The Viewer on the target device should display Remote Connected.
To preview the presentation on the target device, press the Preview button in the Studio toolbar. After making changes to your presentation, press the Preview button again to see the changes on the target device.
The Preview button in Studio
Disconnecting from the Target Device
You can disconnect from the target device either by selecting File > Connect to Device from the Studio file menu, or by selecting File > Connect from the Viewer file menu.